This semester of school flew by quicker than a toupee in a hurricane. With the first semester coming to a close, I’ve been finding positions and companies I could see myself working for in the near future. My emphasis in Advertising drew me to find some internships/jobs that deal with promoting social media, creating content and graphic designs, presenting/brain storming ideas for a company/client, etc. I’m looking forward to being submerged into the “Big Girl World”!! 🙂
While doing research, I noticed that all of my selected jobs included strong communication skills whether that be writing, presenting, or being able to work together with clients and other employees. Most employers also want someone who is knowledgeable about Adobe software products along with Microsoft Office products and Google programs. This semester has pushed me to learn more programs that companies frequently use, such as Google Analytics, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator. Not only have I had the chance to work with Adobe InDesign in my Technologies in Advertising class, but I’ve had plenty of experience through out my Basics of Graphic Design class. Below is an example of some of the social media content I’ve created using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
This is currently being used as the Facebook banner for my sorority’s page:
Svendor, H. (2016, November 30th). Gamma Phi Beta Facebook Cover Photo [JPEG Image].
Take a chance to look at some of the unique careers/internships that are available in just Michigan!
- Marketing and Communications Specialist with Arbor Circle in Grand Rapids, MI
- Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / InDesign)
- Microsoft Office & paid marketing channels and technologies
- Content management systems (Drupal) & digital marketing.
2. Internet Marketing & Social Media Specialist with Unifirst in Taylor, MI
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics
- Search Local (Maps)
- Social Media
- WordPress blog
3. Social Media Content Creator with Leo Burnett Group in Troy, MI
- “Maker” skillset including art direction, design, copywriting, photography, video editing, conceptual thinking
- Digital animation and motion graphics skills
- Proficient in Adobe creative suite
4. Internal Communications Internship with Steelcase in Grand Rapids, MI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong understanding of social media and intranet platforms.
5. Associate Digital & Social Media Strategist with Henry Ford Health System in Southfield, MI
- Minimum of one year of combined digital/social media experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Analytics or other metrics platform certification preferred
- Experience with creating reporting dashboards (iDashboard) preferred